Powered by RedCircle
This episode was created for and is dedicated to our front-line healthcare workers.
The responsibility you are being asked to shoulder amidst a time of incredible uncertainty and rapid change is overwhelming. We see you. We see the sacrifice you’re making. We can attempt to empathize with the emotional toll this must all be taking.
When you play such an important role in supporting others, it’s important that others support you. We support you.
This week, I’m speaking with Lisa Wimberger, the founder of the Neuroscultping Institute. Lisa created neurosculpting using a combination of meditation and brain science to develop a hands-on technique that can reset and retrain your brain and your nervous system to down-regulate during times of stress.
She originally created neurosculpting in 2007 to help first-responders cope with the incredible intensity of their jobs. Too many first-responders suffer emotional trauma and PTSD from simply doing their jobs, and the neurosculpting technique can help guard against that.
You can see why I asked Lisa to join me for this special episode of Building Psychological Strength. I wanted to give our front-line medical professionals tools they can use to remain balanced during a time of excruciating pressure.
During our conversation, we:
- Acknowledge the different situations healthcare workers are in and how stressful they all are, regardless of whether the “surge” has hit your area or not,
- We talk about what we can do as community members to support healthcare workers
- Lisa covers the role our nervous system is playing in this situation, including the way it is supposed to work, and the way it does work in a period of sustained stress.
- What healthcare workers can be doing to help down-regulate their nervous system during this time.
- Known ways you can tune your vagus nerve.
- The 3 keys to successful neuroplasticity
This episode is packed with resources for everyone, but in particular, for front-line healthcare workers.
We also highlighted a number of resources
- Peak mind is currently offering bi-weekly (2 / week) psych strength-building workshops absolutely FREE. Sign up for the Peak Mind Starter Pack at www.peakmindpsychology.com/start to get all the details about how you can join us and to access the replays from past calls.
- Lisa’s original episode on the podcast where she dives in-depth into the neurosculpting approach
- Lisa’s book: Neurosculpting: A Whole-Brain Approach to Heal Trauma, Rewrite Limiting Beliefs, and Find Wholeness
Finally, Lisa announced the upcoming launch of her new neurosculpting app. Learn more at: www.neuropraxis.com
Now more than ever, neurosculpting practices that utilize your left and right brain are so terribly important. Focused attention brain training with simple practices can re-shape the activity in your brain and alter your life. For health care workers in particular, simple meditation practices serve as healthy brain nutrition so that you can grow beyond the stress of today.