Self-care is more than bubble baths and manicures, but unfortunately, most self-care content we see out there is missing important components. Arguably, they’re missing THE MOST IMPORTANT components.
Today on the podcast, we’re diving into something we call The Self-Care Pyramid. Specifically, it’s the 3 key levels of self-care that you really need to have in order to support yourself as the asset that you are. Sadly, most self-care content only addresses one of these levels, and it’s typically the least important one.
During this episode, we dive into:
- The 3 key levels of self-care and the distinct role each plays in supporting you at your best
- The role that life design plays in creating your unique self-care routine.
- The impact of basic necessities like sleep…and what happens when we don’t meet our basic needs (here is a link to the book Why We Sleep)
- Tips for creating a self-care routine. (Here is a link to The Self Journal, April’s go-to self-care tool)
- If you’re serious about creating a self-care routine that works for you, check out our popular mini-course Self-care [by Design].
If there’s one thing we want you to take away it is this: You are such an asset to the people around you, and as an asset, you need to be protected. Self-care is one of the protective mechanisms you need to have around you to make sure you can show up and perform at the level you want to. Take care of yourself.
During this episode, we announced the beta release of our signature psych strength building program, Ascend. We couldn’t be more excited to send this baby out into the world!
As a beta program, we’re releasing it at the lowest price it will ever be. If you’ve ever considered doing something for yourself. To build your own psychological strength and resilience. To dive deep into understanding yourself. To design your life around YOU. This program is for you.
Learn more at www.peakmindpsychology.com/ascend